Hospitalized Elder Life Program (HELP)
You are the soul of the medical center
Unique new volunteer opportunity
Upcoming training sessions:
We are actively recruiting volunteers to participate in the expansion of the HELP program launched in 2011 at California Pacific Medical Center's Pacific Campus. The HELP Program seeks to decrease confusion and subsequent loss of independence in older patients in an acute care setting.
The next Hospitalized Elder Life Program (HELP) training sessions will be held on two Saturdays February 2 and February 9, 2013, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm in the Enright Room, Pacific Campus.
For more information and for an application, please email Jacqueline Matzen, CPMC Volunteer Services, at MatzenJ@sutterhealth.org.
We are seeking volunteers who:
- Have an interest in caring for older adult patients.
- Are responsible, mature, caring and respectful of older adults.
- Can help re-orient patients to their settings with social visits/conversation.
- Will provide cognitive stimulation to patients’ based on specialized training.
- Will feed patients under supervision.
- Can assist with range-of motion exercises and ambulation.
HELP volunteer requirements:
- Make a minimum of one year commitment to the program.
- Commit to a 4 hour shift per week for 1 year.
- Undergo specialized training, including 16 hours of classroom instruction and 16 hours of precepted training.
- Successfully complete competency-based checklists.
For more information
For more information on the HELP program and how you can participate, please contact:
CPMC Volunteer Services
Because life is precious, we encourage giving to life and a lifetime of giving.
Consider making an online donation today to California Pacific Medical Center. For more information on making a gift, contact CPMC Foundation. Thank you.