Hot Jobs in Volunteer Services
Unique new volunteer opportunities
- Make Phone Calls to ED Patients (NEW!)
Volunteers play a vital role on our Emergency Department team by tracking trends and influencing positive changes. Make phone calls to Emergency Department patients after they return home to ask questions about their hospital experience (No clinical questions). Our patients’ comments are an important way for staff to improve the quality of care they provide. Phone surveys are brief and to the point. Training provided. Mature, discrete volunteers with good customer service skills are needed for a 2 to 3 hr shift once a week. Late afternoon and early evening hours best. Interested volunteers can contact Carole Burns at BurnsCB@sutterhealth.org.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteers: Compassionate volunteers are needed for Coming Home Hospice and for Palliative Care and Bereavement Support at CPMC's Davies and Pacific Campuses.
- Cancer Patient Liaison - Participate in the latest new program at the Bryan Hemming Cancer Center and CPMC's Pacific Campus to help patients learn to cope with Cancer.
- The HELP Program: Participate in a brand new program at CPMC's Pacific Campus, the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), assisting older patients in acute care settings. Sign up now!
- Volunteers age 40+: Put your life experience and talents to work by volunteering in your community.
- Knitters Needed: Volunteers are needed to knit or crochet baby caps for CPMC's St. Luke’s Campus. All skill levels welcome!
- St. Luke’s Campus Information-Escort Desk: Direct patients and visitors to locations throughout medical center. Escort medically stable patients via wheelchair to locations within the medical center. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, patience, and acceptance of diversity are required.