Become a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering? All types of volunteer jobs are available in many areas of patient care, administrative services and hospitality. Volunteers are needed on weekdays, weekends and evenings, at several different CPMC campuses and locations. Click the links below for all the information you need to volunteer at CPMC...
- Student Volunteer Program
- Age 50+ Volunteer Program
- Current volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer orientation schedule
- Volunteer training classes
- CPMC campus locations
Steps to become a CPMC volunteer
- Meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- Register for a 2-hour Volunteer Orientation session at a time convenient for you.
- Join in a one-on-one interview with the volunteer services staff.
- Receive approval for your preferred assignment(s) by our volunteer services staff.
- Receive on-the-job training and complete transport training. This involves touring the campus where you will be working.
- Proudly serve in your CPMC volunteer uniform (rented or purchased).
Our volunteers range in age from 14 to 94 years old. Some of these volunteers are serving for the first time, while others have served for 10 years or more. We invite you to join our California Pacific volunteer family. All we ask is that...
- Student Volunteers, click here for requirements and information.
- You are committed to serving a minimum of 100 hours in one year (at least 2 to 3 hours per week).
- You complete an Orientation Session and Personal Interview.
- You receive clearance in response to a background check.
- You pass a health screening consisting of:
- 2 separate tuberculosis (TB) tests
- A blood test for immunity to rubella and rubeola (measles) and mumps.
- If working in a patient care area, you must have an annual flu vaccine between October and March, or wear a mask.
- We strongly encourage volunteers to have a Pertussis vaccine (whooping cough). If needed, these health tests can be provided by the hospital at no cost to you.
For more information
For more information about volunteering for Sutter Health's CPMC, and to join our volunteer family, please contact:
CPMC Volunteer Services
Opens new window