Cancer Patient Liaison
CPMC is actively recruiting Cancer Patient Liaison Volunteers for our Bryan Hemming Cancer Center and Radiation Oncology on the Pacific Campus.
Coping with cancer can be overwhelming, and volunteers play a crucial role in supporting patients and their families; they visit with patients, make personalized referrals to supportive services, assist with appointment coordination and collaborate with the health care team to ensure proper follow up.
We are seeking volunteers who:
- Have an interest in caring for adult cancer patients.
- Are responsible, mature, caring and respectful of patients.
- Assist patients, families and caregivers.
- Interact and collaborate with healthcare team.
Cancer Patient Liaison volunteer requirements:
- Make a minimum six month commitment as a Cancer Patient Liaison.
- Commit to a 4 hour shift per week for six months.
- Undergo specialized training, including 6 hours of classroom instruction.
- Successfully complete competency-based checklists.
For more information:
For more information on the Cancer Patient Liaison program and how you can participate, please contact:
CPMC Volunteer Services