Mini Medical School on Women's Health
Since 1995, the Women’s Health Resource Center of California Pacific Medical Center has been hosting the Mini Medical School on Women’s Health. This one-day program is designed to offer the public some of the basic facts of medicine learned by first-year medical students. Our lectures are organized to offer clinical examples and physicians’ insights on women’s health concerns. Each year’s impressive line-up of speakers are selected because of their dedication and commitment to education. Please join us for this unique and progressive educational program.
The concept of the Mini Medical School was initiated by Dr. Bruce Fuchs at the University of Virginia School of Medicine with the intent of offering the public some of the basic facts of medicine experienced by first-year medical students. In 1995 John Niebauer, M.D., former chairman of Orthopedics for California Pacific Medical Center, was the catalyst for starting the first ever West coast mini medical school, jointly sponsored by the College of Marin and CPMC.
The Women’s Health Resource Center of California Pacific Medical Center is proud to sponsor this community educational program on women’s health. One element of the Women’s Health Resource Center’s mission is to bring information to women on improving and understanding issues surrounding their health, and to encourage women to be responsible for and proud of their self care.
The conference is open to the public and nursing CEUs are offered.
Past speakers and topics have included:
- Journey to Health: Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Healing – Nancy Snyderman, M.D.
- Advances in Cosmetic & Medical Dermatology – Kathy Fields, M.D.
- Reversal of Fortune: History of Hormone Therapy – Maida Taylor, M.D.
- Old Time Bugs, New Day Challenges: Infectious Disease – Barbara DeBaun, R.N., MSN, CIC
- New Developments in Osteoporosis Treatment – Michael Policar, M.D.
Call 415-600-0500 or email Diane Menist for more information.
- Join the next Mini Medical School on Women's Health.