Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine & Continence Center
Total women’s health, throughout the stages of life…
Currently one in four adult women have experienced urinary incontinence at some point in their life. There are many causes of incontinence. Some of these include pregnancy, childbirth, and hormone changes during the menopausal years.
Incontinence is very common, but not a condition that should be ignored. Eight out of ten times continence can be improved through exercise, biofeedback or surgical intervention. Help is now available at California Pacific Medical Center through the Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine and Continence Center.
- Lose urine when you cough or sneeze?
- Lose urine on the way to the bathroom?
- Lose urine when you lift heavy objects?
- Avoid activities because you leak urine?
- Have frequent urinary tract infections?
- Feel embarrassed because of urine leakage?
- Experience bed-wetting?
Why choose us?
The Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine and Continence Center provides personalized patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment options for women of all ages with urogynecological health care needs.
Services are individually tailored and supported by the latest state-of-the-art medical technology. Provided in a caring environment, women are treated by highly trained health care professionals and physicians who are dedicated to diagnosing and treating with non-surgical techniques whenever possible. However, if surgical intervention is warranted, our gynecological surgical staff is available to perform the surgery appropriate for your condition.
All services are provided at California Pacific Medical Center’s California Campus. California Pacific provides personalized patient care and offers a wide variety of patient education opportunities. Classes and support groups with continence in mind are available at the Community Health Resource Center (415) 923-3155 and the Women’s Health Resource Center (415) 600-0500.
Lower urinary tract functional testing helps determine the cause of incontinence and provides guidance for developing an effective treatment plan.
Diagnostic testing measures the sphincter muscle tone and contraction.
Physical Therapy Evaluation:
Individualized assessment to determine the most appropriate treatment plan which may include one of the following therapies.
- Biofeedback — therapeutic technique measuring strength and duration of pelvic muscle contractions utilizing sensory feedback to reinforce proper muscle performance.
- Pelvic Floor Stimulation — controlled bladder and pelvic nerve and muscle stimulation.
- Bladder and Bowel Retraining — behavioral modification techniques to help improve or restore normal bladder control and bowel function.
Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine and Continence Center
3700 California Street
San Francisco, California 94118
Directions & Maps
The Comprehensive Pelvic Medicine and Continence Center has been made possible by the generous support of donors to the California Pacific Medical Center Foundation.