Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program
3698 California Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94118
All services are Free
Directions to our facility
The Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program assists women undergoing treatment for breast cancer. This includes surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and/or hormonal therapy. Our program is designed to aid women in their physical, emotional and spiritual recovery through an individualized, multidisciplinary program.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of a nurse practitioner, registered nurse, counselor, research assistant and program coordinator. The program coordinator helps prepare the patient for treatment and manage side effects by providing education, resources and referrals to other members of our clinical team. Any woman may join this program at any time during her breast cancer treatment or recovery.
Services include free consultations on:
- Preparing for surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy
- Arm exercises after surgery
- Menopause symptom management without hormones
- Body image and sexuality
- Lymphedema education
- Individual, peer and group support
- On site boutique for hair pieces and breast forms
for Women with Advanced/Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Individual & family counseling
- Support groups
- Coordination of community resources
- Advocacy, support and care coordination
- Financial and benefits counseling and referral
- Stress reduction
Often talking one-on-one with another woman who is living with breast cancer can be particularly helpful. We offer two programs that provide the opportunity to meet with breast cancer survivors who provide support and valuable information.
Breast Cancer Support Groups
We offer two breast cancer support groups every week facilitated by our counselor. Please call 415-600-2717 for more information.