Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program
California Pacific Medical Center
3698 California Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94118
All Services are Free
Directions to our facility
Opens new window
Select Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program from the Designation menu.
About the Program
The Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program assists women undergoing treatment for breast cancer at any stage of the disease. Our program uses a personalized approach to women in their physical, emotional and spiritual recovery.
With support from our registered nurse, nurse practitioner, psychologist and program coordinator, we prepare you and your family for all aspects of breast cancer treatment. This includes education, counseling, and referrals to community resources or members of CPMC’s clinical staff. Our on-site translator is available to assist Cantonese, Mandarin and Spanish speaking patients.
Our free consultation services include*:
- Education on pathology and laboratory results
- Doctor appointment scheduling
- Preparing for surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy
- Symptom management techniques
- Advocacy support and care coordination
- Individual, couples and family counseling
- Orientation Group for newly diagnosed patients
- Support group for patients undergoing treatment
- Networking Group for patients who have completed treatment
- Referral for breast reconstruction
- Lymphedema education
- Exercise, including arm exercises after surgery
- Body image and sexuality
- Stress reduction
- Menopause symptom management without hormones
- Coordination of community resources
- Consultations for breast forms and hair pieces at our on-site boutique
- Financial and benefits counseling and referral
- Survivorship Program follow-up
Breast Cancer Support Groups
We offer an Orientation Group to all newly diagnosed women with breast cancer to learn to manage the common challenges related to treatment & diagnosis. We also provide a Weekly Support Group, which allows CPMC patients in active treatment the opportunity to expand your support network by meeting other women who share similar experiences. All patients are required to have a one time consultation with a member of the health psychology team before joining the support group. For more information, please call 415-600-2717.
One Woman's Story
Watch the video:Opens new window One woman shares her story of being diagnosed with breast cancer and the support she received as she dealt with it, from her family and especially from the doctors, caregivers and programs at CPMC.
Give now onlineOpens new window
Select Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program from the Designation menu. Your gift through CPMC Foundation will ensure continued support of women with breast cancer. To learn about more ways to give, visit CPMC Foundation's website at cpmc.org/giving. Thank you.
Learn more about breast health on My Life Stages. Stay informed about your health, join My Life Stages free today.