CPMC Acute Rehabilitation - Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
This program provides individualized, comprehensive, medical rehabilitation to adults with impaired respiratory function. We accept patients who evidence potential for objectively measurable, physical progress, so they may achieve the highest level of functional independence possible.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program provides specialized treatment and education for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as for the more medically complex pulmonary or ventilator-dependent patient experiencing complications from respiratory insufficiency or failure. We utilize comprehensive medical management and therapeutic intervention to restore function. The program is structured to maximize improvement in pulmonary and physical function and assist patients in returning to productive, independent lifestyles while reducing patients' reliance on medical services.
Acute Rehabilitation Patients We Serve
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to serve adult patients with one or more of the following respiratory function diagnoses.
- Acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Emphysema asthma
- Neuromuscular respiratory paralysis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Sleep apnea
- Restrictive lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
Acute Rehabilitation Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Profile
Located within an acute medical center, our inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program is directed by a board-certified physiatrist and pulmonologist specializing in pulmonary rehabilitation and supported by several program components that are structured to maximize patient improvement in pulmonary and physical function.
Acute Rehabilitation - Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive, pre-admission evaluation and screening.
- Hospital-based 24-hour respiratory therapy coverage trained in comprehensive ventilator and tracheostomy management and weaning techniques.
- Initial interdisciplinary rehabilitation team evaluation.
- Integrated occupational, physical, respiratory and speech therapy treatment plans.
- Nutritional and metabolic assessment by a dietician.
- Patient and family support, counseling and education.
- Family-centered case management focused on communication and discharge planning.
- Weekly interdisciplinary team conferences to document objective assessments, review patient goals and evaluate treatment plan.
California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center
Regional Rehabilitation services at CPMC in San Francisco feature some of the top-rated rehabilitation physicians in the San Francisco Bay Area and northern California. We provide personalized patient care using the most advanced acute rehabilitation and outpatient rehabilitation therapy available. We serve communities throughout the Western United States including San Francisco, Marin County and all of Northern California.