CPMC Acute Rehabilitation - Acute Brain Injury Program
The Acute Brain Injury Program at California Pacific's Regional Rehabilitation Center provides a coordinated, outcome-driven, integrated rehabilitation program that addresses the complicated needs of adults with acquired brain injuries. We emphasize a personalized approach to recovery that focuses on both the physical and psychosocial well being of the individual. This focus includes functional, physical, cognitive, phychosocial, vocational, educational, lesiure, recreational, cultural, spiritual, medical, substance abuse and dependency issues. Our goal is to achieve functional outcomes focused on home and community integration along with enhancement of self-worth and engagement in productive activities. Education occurs throughout the rehabilitation process and family participation is encouraged.
We are recognized as a leading innovator in rehabilitation services for brain injured patients in Northern California, utilizing comprehensive medical management, therapeutic interventions, state-of-the-art technoligies, complimentary services, and a warm, healing atmosphere in order to maximize individual outcomes.
Our Program is supported by on-site 24 hour, state-of-the-art Acute Tertiary Medical Center Services and over eight hundred specialists on the Medical Staff at California Pacific Medical Center.
- Comprehensive medical supervision by a hospital-based, board-certified physiatrist specializing in brain injury rehabilitation.
- Coordinated interdisciplinary rehabilitation team approach utilizing professional staff with expertise in the care and treatment of individuals with brain injury.
- Patient and family-centered case management to ensure appropriate patient and family support, counseling, and education, as well as facilitate an efficient discharge plan.
- Customized therapy and medication intervention to enhance cognition, reduce complications, and maximize individual outcomes.
- Weekly interdisciplinary team conferences that provide clinical focus, define objectives, and evaluate treatment plan.
- Patient/family resource center with computer/internet lab.
- Specialized program components include: Family Conference, Behavioral Management Program, Agitation Protocol, Sexuality Committee, Life Skills Group, Shadow Protocol, Dining Group, Stroke Education Group, Fine Motor Group, Cooking Group, Build/Grow/Create Group, Wheelchair Skills Group, Sport Participation Group, Community Reintegration Group, Pulmonary, Ventilator Support (when necessary), and Optional Research Participation.
Acute Brain Injury Rehabilitation Team
We use an interdisciplinary team approach
Acute Brain Injury Team Specialists include:
- Board-certified physiatrists
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech/language pathologists
- Recreation therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Case managers
- Medical social workers
- Peer visitors
- Pastoral care
- Massage therapists
- Guided imagery practitioners
California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center
Regional Rehabilitation services at CPMC in San Francisco feature some of the top-rated rehabilitation physicians in the San Francisco Bay Area and northern California. We provide personalized patient care using the most advanced acute rehabilitation and outpatient rehabilitation therapy available. We serve communities throughout the Western United States including San Francisco, Marin County and all of Northern California.