California Pacific's Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Specialty Programs
California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center is committed to patient-focused, program specific, individualized attention for you and your family. Our goal is to provide you with personalized patient care, facilitating your rehabilitation for optimal outcome. California Pacific's Rehabilitation Center is directed by a board-certified physiatrist and services are provided by an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals specifically trained to provide physical medicine and rehabilitation care.
We are known as a Center of Excellence in acute physical rehabilitation, offering some of the San Francisco Bay Area's best multi-level healthcare continuum of physical rehabilitation services. Accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), we have been serving the needs of the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond for over thirty years.
As a regional resource in rehabilitation expertise, California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center offers a professional environment and a warm, healing atmosphere. We emphasize a comprehensive and personalized approach to recovery that focuses on both the physical and psychological well being of the adult patient. Family participation is encouraged and family education occurs throughout the rehabilitation process.
Our services are specifically designed to meet the rehabilitation needs of individuals who suffer complex or catastrophic injuries or illnesses such as:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Congenital Deformity
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Hip Fracture
- Brain Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Polyarticular Rheumatoid, Arthritis (active), Psoriatic Arthritis, Seronegative Arthropathies
- Systemic Vasculidities with joint inflammation
- Severe or Advanced Osteoarthritis
- General Medicine
- Comprehensive medical supervision by a hospital-based, board-certified physiatrist specializing in rehabilitation.
- Coordinated interdisciplinary rehabilitation team approach utilizing professional staff with expertise in care and treatment of individuals with rehabilitation needs.
- Certified rehabilitation registered nursing staff.
- Patient and family-centered case management to ensure appropriate patient and family support, counseling and education, and to facilitate an efficient utilization of resources and appropriate discharge plan.
- Weekly interdisciplinary team conferences that provide clinical focus, define objectives, and modify the treatment plan.
- Neurobehavioral program to tailor individualized care for patients with behavioral, emotional, cognitive and safety issues.
- Patient and family resource center with educational materials, computer and internet access.
- Individualized therapy and pharmacological treatment to maximize individual outcomes and reduce complications.
- Rehabilitation engineering services for customized adaptive technologies.
- Integrated complimentary medicine programs with the Institute for Health & Healing.
Specialty rehabilitation program components include:
Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, cognitive therapy, aquatic therapy, massage therapy, family support groups, peer visitor programs, community reintegration programs, pulmonary and ventilator support (when necessary), sexuality education, and optional participation in clinical research programs.
On-site acute tertiary medical center services and over eight hundred specialists on the medical staff at California Pacific Medical Center support our rehabilitation continuum of care.
California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center
Regional Rehabilitation services at CPMC in San Francisco feature some of the top-rated rehabilitation physicians in the San Francisco Bay Area and northern California. We provide personalized patient care using the most advanced acute rehabilitation and outpatient rehabilitation therapy available. We serve communities throughout the Western United States including San Francisco, Marin County and all of Northern California.