Prenatal Diagnostic Center Useful Forms and Fact Sheets
Having fluid in your bladder will help the ultrasonographer and doctor visualize the pregnancy during ultrasound. Please drink 2 to 3 eight ounce glasses of water one hour before your scheduled ultrasound, chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or amniocentesis. Please remember that screening tests like the first trimester screen and integrated screen also include an ultrasound, and will require a full bladder for this portion of the testing.
If you have a genetic counseling appointment just prior to your scheduled ultrasound, screening test, or cvs/amniocentesis, you may drink the water during the genetic consultation.
- Carrier Testing for Cystic Fibrosis
- Carrier Testing for Jewish Genetic Diseases
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)
- Directions to Our Offices
- Prenatal Screening (CDPH)
- Pre-Procedure Instructions
- Post-Procedure Instructions
- Prenatal Genetic Screening Questionnaire [PDF]