According to American Sports Data, running accounts for over 1.5 million injuries annually. Through the course of one's running career, 50 to 70% of runners are likely to sustain at least one running-related injury. Due to the repetitive nature of the sport and the compressive joint loads sustained while running (from 5-10 times body weight), overuse injuries affecting the knee, ankle and foot, and hip are the most common. Establishing adequate muscular balance and proper running mechanics will reduce risk of injury and lengthen your running career.
Comprehensive Running Evaluation
We offer an Initial Comprehensive Running Evaluation in which our licensed physical therapists work with runners one-on-one to perform a running gait assessment. This assessment uses state-of-the-art Dartfish video analysis and a force plate treadmil.
Our therapists also perform a complete musculoskeletal examination which is synthesized with data from your gait analysis to create an individualized exercise program and specific recommendations to achieve your running goals.
Running Evaluation Session Costs
$175 for an Initial Running Evaluation using video analysis and the force-plate treadmill. This 1.5-hour evaluation includes:
- Musculoskeletal examination
- Biomechanical evaluation using slow motion video and force plate treadmill
- Recommendation assessment summary emailed to you
- Specialized education and instruction on your running mechanics and personal exercise program to achieve your goals
- DVD of video and force-plate analysis given to you on the evaluation
Follow-up sessions last 45 minutes and are priced as follows:
- $85 single session, or
- Series of 5 sessions $375 ($75 each), or
- Series of 10 sessions $700 ($70 each)
Running Clinic Feedback
- Read Gait Analysis: Perfect Pre-Race Prep for All Runners
- Read about us on FitSugar website
About CPMC Sports Wellness
CPMC’s Sports Wellness Program, based in San Francisco, features a team of physical therapists who work with sports enthusiasts at all levels and ages. Through our various fitness classes and individual clinics, we work as your partner to help you avoid injury and reach your full potential. Read our Sports Wellness blog ptsportswellness.comOpens new window.