Fit For Life Exercise Program
Fit for Life is an exercise class designed for adults age 60+ that is led by physical therapy professionals. This class is perfect for adults who want to improve their level of fitness but are unsure what are safe, effective exercises. This class is for you if you enjoy exercising in a class setting and are interested in improving your balance, activity tolerance and functional capacity.
Fit for Life Exercise Program Elements
- Weekly 45-minute exercise class.
- Safe and effective exercises designed for persons age 60+ that improve and maintain health.
- Incorporates exercises and strategies to help improve balance reactions and reduce risk of falls.
- Combines many aspects of fitness, including upper body strengthening, lower body strengthening, core strength/back stabilization, flexibility, agility/balance.
- Instructed by physical therapy professionals to ensure safety and proper form.
- Low-impact exercises ensure the program is safe for joints or following an injury.
- Intensity and level of difficulty varies depending on each individual’s abilities.
- Exercises are performed standing or created using free weights, resistance bands, gym balls and TRX suspension training.
Schedule and Pricing
Fit for Life classes are offered for beginner and intermediate levels throughout the week. View our Sports Wellness Class Schedule (pdf file) for days and times. (Download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat ReaderOpens new window)
Pricing is $11 per class, or $50 for five classes ($10 each).
About Sports Wellness at CPMC
CPMC’s Sports Wellness Program, based in San Francisco, features a team of physical therapists who work with sports enthusiasts at all levels and ages. Through our various fitness classes and individual clinics, we work as your partner to help you avoid injury and reach your full potential. Read our Sports Wellness blog: ptsportswellness.comOpens new window.