Bruce Roberts, MD
Bruce Roberts, MD is board-certified in Family Practice and Psychiatry and enjoys working with both adults and adolescents. He is also certified by the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine with additional certification through the Center for Mind Body Medicine. Bruce has worked in a variety of settings ranging from community mental health clinics to world class health resorts. Before relocating to San Francisco, he ran his own healing center in Tucson.
Bruce believes that imbalances in the environment, genetics, hormones, neurotransmitters, and immune, digestive, and inflammatory systems have a profound effect on our overall health and sense of well-being. From a holistic perspective our symptoms are always attempting to teach us where we are out of balance. Learning to listen deeply to our bodies messages, while also addressing our emotional and spiritual imbalances, allows us to go beyond symptom relief to restore optimum health and vitality.
Bruce offers integrative medicine consultations at our San Francisco clinic. Working with you, Bruce creates a plan that may include routine and specialty lab assessment; dietary recommendations; exercise; nutritional supplements and pharmaceuticals when appropriate; and psychotherapy utilizing a variety of mind body techniques including meditation, guided imagery, energy medicine and shamanic approaches. Bruce strives to create a safe environment to support your healing journey toward optimal health, relationships and personal fulfillment.
Bruce sees patients with a wide range of conditions including:
- digestive disorders such as gluten intolerance, food allergies, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- cardiovascular issues such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and coronary artery disease
- hormonal issues such as thyroid imbalances, menopause, PMS and andropause (male menopause)
- environmental issues such as heavy metal and other toxicities
- mood and psychological disorders including depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, anxiety, PTSD, insomnia and eating disorders (Bruce does not provide psychiatric medication management. He works in collaboration with your existing psychiatrist to create a holistic treatment plan).
He received his medical degree from Michigan State University, and completed both his Family Practice and Psychiatry residencies at the University of Arizona.
View his video on partnering with patients to achieve their health goals.
Services offered at IHH San Francisco:
IHH San Francisco Clinic
2300 California Street (entrance on Webster)
SF, CA 94115
Google map for SF ClinicOpens new window
"Dr. Bruce Roberts is the most patient and attentive doctor I have encountered."