Conditions We Treat
Helping People Through Complex Medical Conditions
At the Institute for Health & Healing clinics, our expertise is in diagnosing and treating complex chronic conditions and providing personalized preventative care. We use integrative medicine assessments and specialized lab testing to identify core issues and develop effective treatment plans. Our team of integrative medicine physicians and practitioners work in consultation with your primary care physician or referring specialist. As a national leader in integrative medicine, we have helped thousands of people to manage chronic conditions, reduce symptoms and pain, optimize health, and recover from illness.
Under the care management of our physicians, we treat adults and children with a variety of health conditions, and have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Autoimmune Conditions including celiac disease and thyroid conditions
- Cancer Support including relief from treatment-related side effects, immune system enhancement, pain management, and survivorship
- Childhood Conditions including chronic infections, headaches, allergies and immune disorders, colic and digestive issues
- Digestive Disorders including IBS, IBD (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis), detoxification, and intestinal yeast/candida
- Emotional Health including anxiety, depression, insomnia, and coping with life transitions
- Environmental Issues including allergies, asthma, chemical sensitivities, and heavy metal toxicity
- Heart Health including metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, and abnormal cholesterol levels
- Pain Relief & Fatigue including chronic pain, musculoskeletal pain, fibromyalgia, and headaches
- Preventative Care for stress management, diet, and lifestyle change
- Weight Management including weight loss or gain, obesity, and support for related surgical interventions
- Women's Health including PMS, perimenopause, menopause, osteoporosis, and estrogen metabolism
Our clinics in San Francisco and Marin can now bill insurance for Medicare, PPO, POS, and SutterSelect plans for most physician and nurse practitioner services. Your insurance plan may not cover all of our services, and it may limit the number of acupuncture, psychotherapy and chiropractic visits. Contact your insurance provider to determine your benefits. All nutrition, massage, bodywork and skin care services are self-pay.
If you're not sure how to get started, please call Audriana Todd, RN, our Nurse Intake Coordinator, for a free 10-minute phone consultation at (415) 600-3503. To immediately initiate a physician or nurse practitioner consultation, please call our clinic in San Francisco at (415) 600-3503, in Marin at (415) 461-9000, and in Santa Rosa at (707) 523-7185 Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.