Learn to play the harp for your personal enjoyment and healing with Portia Diwa. You will learn harp technique, music fundamentals, and build a repertoire. Specific training techniques are used to help you learn quickly and joyfully. Classes are kept small to assure individualized attention. No prior musical experience is required. Harps may be rented or purchased at the Institute for Health & Healing.
- 8 weeks: Monday 1/25 to 3/21 10-11:15 am (no class Monday 2/15)
- 8-weeks: Thursday 1/28 to 3/17 5:30-6:45 pm
- Free Intros: Monday 4/11, 10-11:15 am and Thursday 4/14, 5:30-6:45 pm
- 8 weeks: Beginners: Monday 4/18 to 6/13, 10-11:15 am (no class Monday 5/30)
- 8 weeks: Beginners: Thursday 4/21 to 6/16, 5:30-6:45 pm (no class Thursday 5/26)
- 8 weeks: Harp Ensemble Class: Monday 6/27, to 8/29, 10-11:15 am (no class Monday 7/4 and 7/11)
- 8 weeks: Harp Ensemble Class: Thursday 6/30 to 9/1, 5:30-6:45 pm (no class Thursday 7/7 and 7/14)
Instructor: Portia Diwa
Cost: $325 + $75 (materials)
Contact: Call Portia Diwa at (415) 600-1447 or Susan Leeds at (415) 600-3746 or email email@example.com
Back to top
Discover the healing power of the harp in lessons tailored to your individual goals and learning style. Portia's influences included traditional Celtic, Latin and world music. She also brings a passion for composition and improvisation into her teaching style. Whether you're coming to the harp as a beginner with no musical experience or as a harpist desiring to refine technical skills, Portia will gracefully guide you on your healing harp journey. Children and adults are welcome.
Cost: 1 hour is $65
1.5 hour is $90
2 hour is $120
10% discount for pre-payment of five 1-hour lessons is $292.50
Contact: Portia Diwa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
Downloadable MP3 file: Listen to Portia Diwa playing her composition "Ocean Song” [MP3] (6 minutes) from her CD "Ocean Song: Gentle Harp Music for Healing". (Used with permission, copyright Portia Diwa 2011 ).
"Ms. Diwa sets a mood within the class that feels non-judgmental and safe."
"The class allowed me, as a beginning harpist, to feel successful playing for another person."