A Treatment Plan
The California Pacific Medical Center Regional Referral Program is open 24/7/365 to meet your referral and patient transfer needs. Whether you are looking for the proper specialist to refer to, need assistance with required authorizations or want someone to facilitate the transfer of your patient to California Pacific Medical Center from another hospital, facility or your physician office – all you need to do is call 888-637-2762.
When you need to transfer your patient, one of our trained nurses or emergency medical dispatchers will collect your patient’s information and then contact a California Pacific Medical Center specialty physician, as well as the bed control nurse, admissions and finance department staff, case managers and appropriate clinical staff. The Transfer Center will facilitate the entire process, including coordinating and/or arranging to meet the medically-necessary transport needs of the patient.
Please have the following information available when requesting transfer:
- Patient’s name, address, telephone number and date of birth
- Diagnosis and care-related issues
- Referring physician and name of facility/hospital
- Admitting physician (if known)
- Patient’s present location
- Patient’s mode of arrival and transport company if applicable, and estimated arrival time
- Whether transport assistance is required
- Insurance information