The Stereotaxis GentleTouch™ Magnetic Treatment System
A gentler way to treat your heart
Your heart is a surprisingly fragile muscle. Made up of a highly delicate network of arteries, veins and capillaries, its thin walls can be damaged by the slightest touch.
The Stereotaxis GentleTouch™ Magnetic Treatment System allows our doctors to heal hearts more precisely and safely than before. This system’s innovative technology uses computer-controlled magnets – which are positioned outside the body – to programmatically steer catheters and guidewires throughout the delicate cardiovascular system. With the computer to assist in precise navigation, the doctor is then able to focus on the patient and the outcome rather than the mechanics of the procedure.
Stereotaxis is used to treat a number of heart irregularities including:
- Arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, as well as supraventricular tachycardias,
- Heart failure, with interventional procedures such as cardiac resynchronization therapy, and
- Coronary Artery Disease, with procedures designed to reopen blocked arteries in coronary vessels with partial or total occlusion.
Stereotaxis combines the benefits of precise, computer-aided magnetic guidance with gentle catheter contact, and allows us to navigate and treat the heart without the risks associated with manual and mechanical devices. The potential benefits to patients include:
- shorter procedures,
- a faster recovery time,
- less exposure to X-ray radiation and dyes,
- a reduced risk of serious complications from perforation of of blood vessels or heart tissue, and
- reduced likelihood of referral to highly invasive open-heart surgical procedures.
California Pacific's Heart and Vascular Center
California Pacific's Heart and Vascular Center is supported by one of the best heart hospital/center networks in the USA, offering quality, comprehensive patient-centered cardiovascular care by a team of top heart surgeons and physicians with leading-edge technology. Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco and Marin County, as well as the entire Northern California region, our team has many of the best cardiovascular surgeons and physicians in California and the United States.