Advance directives are extremely helpful in times of uncertainty. We have provided this information to you as it is stated in a federal law called the Patient Self Determination Act as well as the California Health Care Decisions Act. These laws provide the ability to insure that your health care wishes are known and considered if you become unable to make these decisions yourself.
Advance Directive Forms
To read PDF files, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat ReaderOpens new window
There are many forms available to complete an Advance Directive. Below are links to forms you can use. However, you are not required to use one of these forms (at California Pacific or any other California hospital). You may use another form or your own.
English / Spanish Advance Directive (3/08 California Hospital Association) [PDF]
[Click on text link - not the image thumbnail]Opens new window
- Chinese Advance Directive [PDF]
- Russian Advance Directive [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions About Advance Directives
Completing an advance directive often comes with a lot of questions. We've compiled answers to many of these questions for you. We strongly recommend that you see our Frequently Asked Questions on Advanced Directives section before you fill out your advance directive. If you have questions that are not addressed here, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some other resources for advance directives.
- California Coalition for Compassionate CareOpens new window
- Aging With Dignity - 5 Wishes Opens new window
- Download Your State's Advanced Directives Opens new window
- The Agent's Role in End-of-Life Care - A Report by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation [PDF] Opens new window
- California Secretary of State, Advance Healthcare Directive RegistryOpens new window
- Advanced Directives in Multiple Languages Opens new window
- IHA Institute for Healthcare Advancement Opens new window