ENT Cancer Treatments & Procedures
For patients with ENT cancers a wide variety of treatments and procedures are available at California Pacific Medical Center.
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Speech and Swallowing Therapy
- Chemotherapy - Chemotherapy, available on an outpatient basis in our infusion center,is a possible treatment option. Since there are many different therapy combinations, patients should speak with their oncologist about the best possible treatments options available.
- Radiation Therapy
- Biological Therapy - Biological therapy (targeted therapy) targets specific parts of cancer cells. Currently there is one biological therapy for ENT cancers, Erbitux. Erbitux therapy targets specific epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) oral and oropharyngel cancer cells. Many oral and oropharyngeal cancers have too many copies of EGFR helping them grow quickly and grow resistant to radiation and/or chemotherapy. Erbitux therapy blocks EGFR and may help keep tumors under control. Talk to your oncologist about this treatment option.
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery (microsurgery)
- Diagnostic Radiology