Effects of Relaxation and Guided
Imagery on Stress in Caregivers
Please follow the steps below if you wish to participate in this study.
- Before listening to the Relaxation and Guided Imagery audio files, please take the short pre-test questionnaire below.
Click Here to Take the Pre-Test Questionnaire on Survey MonkeyOpens new window
- Please download (PC - right click and save target as...) (MAC - Option and Click link-the MP3 will download) the Relaxation and Guided Imagery audio files from the links below.
- Audio File 1 - A Gentle Reminder (about 5 minutes long). Gentle Reminder transcript in PDF format.
- Audio File 2 - A Few Moments for Yourself (about 15 minutes long). Few Moments for Yourself transcript in PDF format.
- Audio File 3 - Renewing Your Source of Healing (about 25 minutes long). Renewing Your Source of Healing transcript in PDF format.
- We ask you to listen to one of these audio files once a day for at least 2 weeks and if possible for a total of 8 weeks. You are free to listen to these relaxation exercieses more frequently if you desire. In order for the therapy to be more effective we encourage you to listen to the longer audio files whenever possible. Any of these files may be listened to with headphones or speakers from either your computer or a personal audio device such as an iPod. In this way you can listen to these files while taking a lunch break, enjoying a walk, or when making some time for yourself at home.
- We will send you occasional reminders to listen to the relaxation exercises by e-mail. These reminders will be every other day for the first two weeks and once a week after that. You can stop receiving these emails at anytime by contacting Carla Bello at BelloC@cpmcri.org.
- After two weeks of listening to the Relaxation and Guided Imagery audio files please complete the short post-test questionnaire. A link to the survey will be e-mailed to you or you can take it by returning to this site and clicking the link below.
Click Here to Take the Post-Test Questionnaire on Survey MonkeyOpens new window
- Then, after eight weeks of listening to the guided imagery relaxation exercises please complete the short post-test questionnaire again. A link to the survey will be e-mailed to you or you can take it by returning to this site and clicking the link above.
Back to top
- Effects of Relaxation and Guided Imagery on Stress in Caregivers Main Page
- Learn More About the Guided Imagery Study
For more information please contact: