Basic Science Researcher
Dr. Stewart CooperIntroduction | Publications
Stewart Cooper, M.D. is a physician scientist and hepatologist. He directs hepatology and liver transplantation research, and the Liver Immunology Laboratory at California Pacific. Dr. Cooper investigates hepatic immunity, focusing on the determinants of HCV clearance and liver disease progression. He has special clinical and research interests in viral hepatitis, and has pioneered liver immunology research for more than a decade. Dr. Cooper trained in the U.K. and served as Assistant Professor of Medicine, Microbiology & Immunology at UCSF and as a Research and Gastroenterology Fellow at Stanford University. He has an international reputation in viral hepatitis research and management, and is listed in Who’s Who of Medical Science Educators.
Back to top
Publications by Steward Cooper in PubMed.
Representative publications include:
- Bernardin F, Stramer SL, Rehermann B, Page-Shafer K, Cooper S, Bangsberg DR, Hahn J, Tobler L, Busch M, Delwart E. High levels of subgenomic HCV plasma RNA in immunosilent infections.
Virology. 2007 Sep 1;365(2):446-56. Epub 2007 May 9.
- Tobler LH, Stramer SL, Chien DY, Lin S, Arcangel P, Phelps BH, Cooper SL, Busch MP. Antibodies to a novel antigen in acute hepatitis C virus infections. Vox Sang. 2007 Jan;92(1):1-7.
- Ji X, Cheung R, Cooper S, Li Q, Greenberg HB, He XS. Interferon alfa regulated gene expression in patients initiating interferon
treatment for chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2003 Mar;37(3):610-21. Erratum in: Hepatology. 2003 Jun;37(6):1503.
- Orland JR, Wright TL, Cooper S. Acute hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2001 Feb;33(2):321-7. Review.
- Deitz SB, Dodd DA, Cooper S, Parham P, Kirkegaard K. MHC I-dependent antigen presentation is inhibited by poliovirus protein 3A.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000 Dec 5;97(25):13790-5.
Back to top
Phone: (415) 600-5878