NIH No Cost Extension Procedures
Post Award Main Page
For questions and help, please contact:
Grants & Contracts Director
Definition from NIH Grants Policy StatementExtension of Final Budget Period of a Previously Approved Project Period without Additional NIH Funds. The grantee may extend the final budget period of the previously approved project period one time for a period of up to 12 months beyond the original expiration date shown in the NGA if:
- no additional funds are required to be obligated by the NIH awarding office,
- the project’s originally approved scope will not change, and
- any one of the following applies:
- Additional time beyond the established expiration date is required to ensure adequate completion of the originally approved project.
- Continuity of NIH grant support is required while a competing continuation application is under review.
- The extension is necessary to permit an orderly phase-out of a project that will not receive continued support.
- CPMCRI Procedure for 1st time requests
- CPMCRI Procedure for 2nd and 3rd time requests
- Administrative Financial Procedure
- NIH No Cost Extension Procedures Printer-friendly version [PDF 80KB]
Back to top