CME credit for self-directed, online learning
MD Consult CME
MD Consult offers free Point of Care CME credit for self-directed, online learning. Credit is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education and qualifies as AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (0.5 credits) for each clinical query/search.
To get started, please contact the Library to make sure you have a personalized CME ready account. Send an e-mail with your contact information to email@example.com and put “MDConsult CME” in the subject line.
Once you have logged in to your personalized account, complete these steps to claim CME credits:
- Identify a clinical question relevant to your practice
- Perform a search to answer your clinical question
- Pick 1-3 of the most relevant articles or book chapters
- When you click on the abstract link for journals or the chapter section for books you will see the "CME" icon in the top right corner
- When you click on this link a window will open to the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education CME form
- Type in / Copy and paste the citations into the form
- Complete the questions on the form
- Click "Submit" at the bottom to obtain your CME certificate for 0.5 credits
- Only one form can be utilized per clinical question searched
- For additional assistance you may contact MDConsult Customer Support at: (800) 401-9962 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
Annotated List of Online Continuing Medical Education
with links to hundreds of Online CME sites offering CME courses and CME credit.
Back to top