CME credit for self-directed, online learning
MD Consult CME
MD Consult offers free Point of Care CME credit for self-directed, online learning. Credit is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education and qualifies as AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (0.5 credits) for each clinical query/search.
To get started, you must have a personal account set up in MD Consult. On the MD Consult home page click on the "Create Account" link in the upper right hand corner.
Once you have logged in to your account, complete these steps to claim CME credits:
- Identify a clinical question relevant to your practice
- Perform a search to answer your clinical question
- Select 1-3 of the most relevant articles or book chapters
- When you click on the abstract link for journals or the chapter section for books you will see the "CME" icon in the top right corner
- When you click on this link a window will open to the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education CME form
- Type in / Copy and paste the citations into the form below
- Complete the questions on the form
- Click "Submit" at the bottom to obtain your CME certificate for 0.5 credits
- Only one form can be utilized per clinical question searched
Back to top
Exam Master OnLine CME
In cooperation with the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine, Exam Master OnLine offers a resource for earning Primary Care Category 1 AMA PRA credits. Up to 100 credit hours are available and CME certificates are awarded for each 150 questions answered, scored and reviewed.
Question categories include: medicine (1067 questions), pediatrics (147 questions for patients up to 12 years old), diagnostics (76 questions), surgery (80 questions), pharmacology (58 questions), occupational medicine (25 questions), risk management (33 questions).
Annotated List of Online Continuing Medical Education
with links to hundreds of Online CME sites offering CME courses and CME credit.
Back to top