Psychiatry Residency Program
Rotations and Call
Resident Year I:
- Medicine: 3 months + 1 month adolescent medicine. The medicine rotations are all California Pacific residency teaching services that are committed to resident education.
- Neurology: 2 months; 1 month at Highland Hospital and 1 month at CPMC. One month (Highland) is a combination of consult and outpatient work with a broad spectrum of pathology. The month at CPMC is on the stroke service.
- Psychiatry: 6 months on the CPMC adult inpatient service.
Resident Year II:
- Adult Inpatient Psychiatry: 6 months
- Consultation Psychiatry: 3 months
- Sub-Specialty Psychiatry: 3 months
-Child - California Pacific Child Development Center
-Psychosomatic service at CPMC Davies campus (including addictions and geropsychiatry)
Call: 4 times per month
Resident Year III:
- Adult Outpatient Psychiatry: California Pacific (12 months)
Call: 2 times per month
Resident Year IV:
- Chief Resident: 6 months (2 residents/year)
- Outpatient Psychiatry: All residents, 25% time
- Multiple elective opportunities throughout the year: Community Psychiatry (both adult and child) Addictions, Geriatric psychiatry, Forensics, Women’s Health, Liaison (Oncology, OB/GYN).
- Research: Individually arranged - depends on specific interests and level of commitment
- Many special focus areas are also available in the bay area.