Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Conferences
The CPMC THF program supports its educational mission with a variety of educational activities.
Liver conferences held on a weekly basis during the academic year include Liver Pathology, Clinical Case Presentations, Journal Club and multidisciplinary liver transplant patient evaluations.
Multidisciplinary transplant conferences held twice monthly include Morbidity and Mortality Conference, Tumor Board, and Transplantation Grand Rounds.
In addition, many of the GI Division Grand Rounds presentations are dedicated to liver disease topics. Both internal and external speakers present at these conferences, with approximately twelve visiting professors per year.
The Transplant Hepatology Fellow will be expected to attend and participate in the monthly Hepatology Research Conference and attend the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases annual meeting. He/she will keep a conference log.
Core Curriculum Lectures
- Natural history, Pathogenesis, manifestations and complications of end-stage liver disease and hepatic transplantation
- Anatomy, and physiology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Pathology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Pharmacology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Molecular virology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Factors involved in nutrition and malnutrition and its management
- Cost-effective and appropriate use of special instruments, tests and therapy in the diagnosis and management of liver disorders
- Clinical research issues and transplant hepatology
- Principles of living donor selection
- Principles and practice of pediatric liver transplantation
- Principles and application of artificial liver support
- Medical genetics
- Preventive Medicine
- End of life care
- Pain medicine
- Physician impairment and well-being
- Quality Improvement
- Risk management
- Medical informatics
- Ethics and professionalism
- Fatigue and stress management
- Medical economics
- How to teach
- Understanding the ACGME Core Competencies