Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Conferences
The CPMC Transplant Hepatology Fellowship program supports its educational mission with a variety of educational activities.
Liver conferences held on a weekly basis during the academic year include liver transplant selection committee, GI grand rounds, radiology conference (Tumor Board) and liver pathology conference. Monthly conferences include transplant grand rounds, transplant journal club, liver case conference, Morbidity and Mortality conference and research conference. These and other conferences constitute our core curriculum lectures and cover a wide range of topics as outlined below.
The Transplant Hepatology Fellow will be sponsored to attend the annual meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Core Curriculum Lectures
- Natural history, Pathogenesis, manifestations and complications of end-stage liver disease and hepatic transplantation
- Anatomy, and physiology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Pathology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Pharmacology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Molecular virology related to the liver and biliary tract
- Factors involved in nutrition and malnutrition and its management
- Cost-effective and appropriate use of special instruments, tests and therapy in the diagnosis and management of liver disorders
- Clinical research issues and transplant hepatology
- Principles of living donor selection
- Principles and practice of pediatric liver transplantation
- Principles and application of artificial liver support
- Medical genetics
- Preventive Medicine
- End of life care
- Pain medicine
- Physician impairment and well-being
- Quality Improvement
- Risk management
- Medical informatics
- Ethics and professionalism
- Fatigue and stress management
- Medical economics
- How to teach
- Understanding the ACGME Core Competencies
Back to top
Transplant Hepatology Core Lecture Series
Our hepatologists give Grand Rounds presentations to medical staff on liver and transplant-related subjects. Topics include Medical Evaluation of Liver Disease Patients, Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE), Surgical Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Procurement to the Apartment - A Surgical Perspective.
Back to top