Admission To The Hospital
When you arrive at CPMC's Davies Campus, check in with the Admissions Office on the lobby level. You will be escorted by a friendly Admissions Staff member to the Ambulatory Surgery/Care Unit (ACU) on the fourth floor. Here, you will change in to a hospital gown, out your personal belongings into safekeeping with security, and settle into your preoperative room.
You will shortly be greeted by an ACU Nurse who will:
- take your vital signs (heart rate, blood pressure)
- review your pre‐admission paperwork and the procedure you are about to have done
- obtain your signature on the consent form
- insert an intravenous (IV) line
- place TED compression stockings on your legs to prevent blood clots
in your legs during and after surgery.
Your belongings will remain in the ACU area until your surgery is finished.
Following your operation, you will be brought to your postoperative
hospital room on the third or fourth floor.
Once your postoperative room number is determined, your belongings will also be brought to your room. Please do not bring any valuables to the hospital. If you feel you must, we encourage you to lock them up with security during your admission, or better yet, leave them with a family member who can give them personally back to you after surgery.