Learning About Your Health
After Your Procedure: Ultrasound-Guided Breast Cyst AspirationPrinter-friendly PDF of Breast Cyst AspirationOpens new window (94KB)
(Download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat ReaderOpens new window)
- You may return to work and your usual activities after the procedure is completed.
- Leave the bandage in place overnight. You may remove the bandage and shower the morning after your test. After showering, gently dry the biopsy area. Place a small amount of antibiotic ointment over the area and cover with a clean bandage.
- If you have any discomfort, you may take Tylenol® (acetaminophen). Do not use aspirin or any other over-the-counter medicine that has aspirin in it.
- If the fluid was sent to the laboratory for analysis, results will be ready in 2-3 days. You will receive the results from the Breast Health Center nurse, the radiologist or your doctor.
- Fever of 101°F / 38.3°C or above
- Discomfort not relieved by Tylenol®
- Any unexpected bleeding or drainage from the biopsy site
Produced by the Center for Patient and Community Education in association with the Breast Health Center at California Pacific Medical Center. Date: 5/09
Funded by: A generous donation from the Mr. and Mrs. Arthur A. Ciocca Foundation.
Note: This information is not meant to replace any information or personal medical advice which you get directly from your doctor(s). If you have any questions about this information, such as the risks or benefits of the treatment listed, please ask your doctor(s).