Giving to Women's & Children's Health
In this video, Terri Slagle, M.D., clinical director of CPMC's Newborn Intensive Care Unit, tells the story of a premature baby and his parents' experience in the NICU.
Children’s Comprehensive Care Center at CPMC
The Children’s Comprehensive Care Center at CPMC is designed to help local children with chronic conditions get the ongoing care they need through outpatient services. The center offers nurturing healing for kids and family support through a number of crucial programs, including Allergies, Cardiology, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Neurology and Pulmonary Medicine.
Many children with chronic conditions require multiple services, so the center provides comprehensive care which includes Child Life specialists, nutrition advice, physical and respiratory therapy, and palliative care.The center also collaborates with community pediatricians, existing obstetrics clinics, CPMC’s Newborn ICU, Kalmanovitz Child Development Center and others to provide the comprehensive case management these families require instead of episodic care.
Giving Opportunities in Pediatrics and Women's Health
- Priority Programs: Your gifts of any amount given each year to CPMC are invested immediately in patient care.
- NICU - invest in our tiniest patients. Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) exemplifies the combination of “high-tech” and “high-touch” medicine that is our goal for all of the care CPMC provides.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program: Every year this program assists hundreds of women and their families through the process of diagnosis, treatment options and survivorship, including counseling and support groups.
Philanthropic Partners in Pediatrics and Women's Health
- Ted and Pamala Deikel's gift brought innovative technology to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
- Shelby Notkin and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
- St. Luke's Auxiliary's 2015 Musée benefitted portable ultrasound equipment for the Women's Health Center at CPMC's St. Luke's Campus.
- Women's & Children's Leadership Council: CPMC Foundation's Leadership Councils join the commitment of our Board of Trustees with the passion of community volunteers.