Your Gifts at Work: Gynecological Cancer Recovery Program
Our success stories are your gifts at work
The Gynecological Cancer Recovery ProgramOpens new window is a service of the Women’s Health Resource CenterOpens new window at California Pacific Medical Center. This comprehensive program —the only one of its kind in Northern California— provides women with gynecological cancer free services and the assistance they need to cope with their diagnosis. These services are only possible through your philanthropic support.
Here is a partial list of services provided by the Program free of charge to women with gynecological cancer:
- Classes and gynecological cancer support groups
- Chemotherapy and radiation coaching
- Health care referrals and community resources
- Medical and surgical menopause counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Psychotherapy and mental health services
- Massage therapy
- Free wigs, hats and scarves
Many women’s lives have been touched through generosity and compassion
By the end of 2009, the Program provided appointments to 125 newly diagnosed women and 910 follow-ups. In 2010, the Program will add gentle yoga classes for women with cancer, neuropathy workshops for cancer survivors, and genetics class on hereditary breast and ovarian cancers.
Once enrolled in the program, gynecological cancer recovery patients receive services free of charge for the rest of their lives. They may receive free consultations for any women’s health related issue, including future cancer recurrences and any health issues not related to their cancer.
The programs of the Women’s Health Resource Center provide valuable resources to women in San Francisco, regardless of their ability to pay. Your donation can help this important program empower women to take charge of their cancer recovery!
Because life is precious, we encourage giving to life and a lifetime of giving.
Please consider making a tax-deductible gift of $25, $50, $100 or more. Your gift will help women who urgently need diagnosis, treatment and support.
Opens new window
Make an online donation today to California Pacific Medical Center.Opens new window To make a gift to the "Gynecological Cancer Recovery Program," write it in the Comments field (2nd screen). Thank you.
- Learn about CPMC Foundation's Annual Priorities, including Cancer/Oncology, Community Health, and Women & Children's Services.
- Read a profile of Barb Silver, NP, Director of the Women’s Health Resource CenterOpens new window. Barb provides free consultations to women in the Gynecological Cancer Recovery Program.