Your Gifts at Work: The Notkin Family
Breast Cancer Recovery Program
A multidisciplinary approach to recovery
The Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery ProgramOpens new window at CPMC provides assistance for any woman undergoing treatment for breast cancer. The program features a multidisciplinary approach to recovery, with a nurse practitioner, social worker, nutritionist and chaplain involved in each patient's care.
Generous gifts, grateful women
Generous funding from the Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Endowment has made this highly successful program possible. Through continued philanthropic support, the program provides a range of patient support services, including:
- Compassionate care and guidance from dedicated, experienced staff. In 2009, staff helped new and continuing program participants through over 900 new patient visits, diagnosis consultations, and telephone consultations.
- Psychosocial counseling from the program's full-time social worker, including crisis counseling, home visits, attendance at patient procedures, and assistance in navigating the insurance and disability process.
- Specialized support groups that meet regularly to provide women of all ages and circumstances with a supportive community.
Patients receive physical, emotional, and practical assistance
Through the Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program, women can access services to aid in every aspect of their recovery.
- Physical recovery: Our nurses prepare patients for their treatments (surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy).
- Emotional recovery: The program's psychologist/social worker provides individual and family counseling, and reduces anxiety for patients by attending procedures with them.
- Practical assistance: Patients receive guidance about breast forms, hair pieces and make-up, as well as help finding resources such as meal delivery, transportation, financial assistance, disability application.
- Cultural Diversity: The program now offers pathology brochures in Chinese, Russian, and Spanish.
Patient satisfaction: Your generosity rewarded
Here is what patients are saying about The Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program:
"This is a great service that you provide – it is difficult hearing that you have cancer, and having someone help you with referrals, authorizations and having your records sent where they need to go relieves some of the stress.” -- Laurie
“They are intelligent, efficient and compassionate. They helped me with the first shock of knowing I had cancer.” -- Ruth
Only through your thoughtfulness and generosity can we provide these women with the support and resources they need. Please consider supporting The Breast Cancer Recovery Program. Thank you!
Opens new window
To make a gift to the "Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program," enter it in the Comments field (2nd screen). Thank You.
- Did you know?
Our Breast Health Centers offered successful cancer education and treatment to the community via nearly 60,000 patient visits in 2010.
- Learn more
CPMC Foundation's Annual Priorities include cancer care, and women's and children's services.