Physicians as Donors and Fundraisers
Honor the memory of our beloved physicians with a gift to CPMC
- John N. Callander, MD, longtime CPMC physician and CPMC Foundation Trustee, died on June 9, 2013 at the age of 90. Known by patients and colleagues for his kindness and compassion, Dr. Callander had a long history of being a strong advocate for both the Medical Center and the Foundation.
- Damian Augustyn, MD died on October 3, 2012 at the age of 60. Damian was married for 35 years to his beloved wife and best friend Dr. Caroline Craig Augustyn, who died in May 2012. Dr. Damian Augustyn was Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at CPMC for 10 years before becoming Chief of the Medical Staff and a member of the Medical Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- CPMC physician Caroline Augustyn, MD, wife of Dr. Damian Augustyn, died on May 10, 2012 after a long struggle with breast cancer. At CPMC, she was dedicated to providing the most attentive care to her patients. Those wishing to honor her may send donations in her name to CPMC Foundation.
- Fred Margolin, MD On May 10, 2012, we lost Bay Area physician and Founder of CPMC's Breast Health Center, Frederick R. Margolin, MD, FACR. A celebration of the life and work of Dr. Margolin was held on June 27, 2012 at CPMC’s California Campus. Donations made in memory of Dr. Fred Margolin will benefit CPMC's Breast Health Center Research and Education Fund.
Meet some of CPMC's most dedicated doctors and fundraisers
What these doctors have given goes far beyond their own financial commitment. They have also given their time and talent to inspire other people to give. In fact, they are responsible for bringing in some of our largest philanthropic gifts.
- William S. Andereck, Jr., MD: Medical Director, CPMC's Program in Medicine and Human Values, and Outstanding Physician Donor and Fundraiser
- Wayne Bellows, MD: CPMC cardiology innovator Dr. Andrea Natale finds a grateful patient in fellow physician Wayne Bellows.
- William B. Stewart, MD: Medical Director, CPMC's Institute for Health & Healing, and Outstanding Physician Donor and Fundraiser
- Physicians as Legacy Supporters: These remarkable physicians' legacy gifts reflect their deep caring for others and passion for their work.