Gifts of Stock
Your support makes a difference
Rev. April 2013
You can support the vital services of the California Pacific Medical Center with a gift of securities, including stocks or mutual funds, and receive important tax benefits. If you donate appreciated securities, you will receive a tax deduction based on their full fair market value and you will not have to pay any capital gains tax. On the other hand, if your securities have decreased in value, you should sell them first. Then, you can take a capital loss deduction and receive a charitable tax deduction when you donate the cash proceeds.
When the stock is held by your stockbroker, please call your broker with instructions to make the transfer to California Pacific Medical Center Foundation account. Your broker will need the following information to start the transfer process:
California Pacific Medical Center Foundation's stock brokerage account is:
UBS Financial Services
1610 Arden Way, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95815
Representative at UBS:
Tel: 916-648-7220 or 800-678-6783
Account Name: Sutter Health Transition Account 2
Account # S011184
Broker DTC #: 0221
CPMC Foundation Tax ID # 94-2728423
Stock in a Brokerage Account
Please follow the process stated below for any stock gift transfer to the CPMC Foundation account at UBS. The effective date of your gift will be the date of transfer from your account.
You or your stock broker should contact Margaret Tong at CPMC Foundation by phone, fax, e-mail or U.S. mail.
(415) 600-2414 Direct Line
(415) 387-7817 Fax
California Pacific Medical Center Foundation
Attention: Margaret Tong
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Please advise Margaret Tong of the following important information:
- Name of your brokerage firm that will be transferring the stock
- Your brokerage firm DTC#
- The name of the stock you are gifting
- The number of shares
Stock Certificate Registered in the Donor’s Name
- Please do not sign the back of the stock or bond certificate.
- Instead, please request an Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power form from us. Refer to the contact information above for Margaret Tong.
- We will assist you with completing the relevant forms and sending the original stock or bond certificate, completed Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power form and the signed donor instruction letter to UBS Financial.