The Women's Board and Junior Committee
of CPMC Foundation
Women's generous gifts of time, talent, and treasure
About The Women's Board
The Women’s Board was started in 1964 as an auxiliary of the CPMC Foundation. The Board, that same year, founded the San Francisco Debutante Ball which is held each year in June. The proceeds from the Ball are given to a funding need of the hospital which is selected each year by the Women’s Board.
About The Junior Committee
to The Women's Board
The Junior Committee was founded in 1996 as an adjunct to the Women’s Board, and is comprised of former San Francisco Debutante Ball participants, born and raised in the Bay Area, with an active interest in supporting CPMC. The Junior Committee is the only local group of young women focused on medical philanthropy.
- Debutante Ball 2012 - Supporting CPMC's areas of greatest need
On June 22, 2012, The Women’s Board of CPMC Foundation hosted its 48th annual San Francisco Debutante Ball at the Westin St. Francis Hotel. Seventeen young ladies participated in the event, led by Ball Chairwoman Diane Balch, and Women’s Board President Kathryn Urban. The 2012 Debutante Ball, which was attended by nearly 460 people, raised over $100,000 for CPMC’s Gynecological Cancer Recovery ProgramOpens new window, a service of the Women’s Health Resource CenterOpens new window, which offers resources for women's health through classes and support groups, as well as supportive care for women with cancer.
To view and order fabulous photos from 2012 Deb Ball, visit Drew Altizer Photography website.Opens new window
Read the San Francisco Chronicle' review of the 2012 Deb Ball in sfgate.com.Opens new window
- Debutante Ball 2011 - A Success Story
On June 17, 2011, The Women’s Board of CPMC Foundation hosted its 47th San Francisco Debutante Ball. Twenty five elegant young ladies participated in the Ball, produced by Co-Chairs Kelny Denebeim and Karen Weber. The 2011 Debutante Ball was a huge success, raising over $175,000 towards the purchase of two 3D transesophageal echocardiogram probes and four new birthing beds for CPMC.Opens new window
Past beneficiaries of the Debutante Ball have included areas of need in advanced technology and neurosciences.
- CPMC's SimSurg Education Center, a multi-disciplinary facility providing vital continuing education while also creating a laboratory setting for research and development in surgical skills, anesthesia techniques and nursing education.
- Brain Lab Cranial Navigation SystemOpens new window for the Davies Campus Operating Room. This image-guided navigation system integrates surgical and diagnostic tools necessary to treat even the most complicated neurosurgery cases.
For more information
For more information about The Women's Board, Debutante Ball or Junior Committee, please contact:
Director of Donor Community Relations
California Pacific Medical Center Foundation
Because life is precious, we encourage giving to life and a lifetime of giving.
(Photo credits: Brian McConville of Greenberg & McConville)
Make an online donation today to California Pacific Medical Center. Thank You!
- Support CPMC Foundation's Annual PrioritiesOpens new window —our areas of greatest need.