Invest in Women's Health
Shelby Notkin and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
Transforming Women's Care in San Francisco
Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, women cared for at CPMC get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. We offer women a full range of exceptional health services, delivered with a caring touch. It's a "whole woman" approach that is transforming how care is delivered.
Obstetrics and Newborn Care
CPMC is knows as the city's "baby hospital" and with good reason. More than half of all newborns in San Francisco - 5,000+ babies a year - take their first breath on one of our campuses.
- Dr. Michael Katz Cervical Cerclage Research Fund supports a critical procedure in obstetrics care, which may be used if a woman’s cervix is at risk of opening under the pressure of the growing pregnancy. The program will study new and proven techniques on how to prevent miscarriage or premature labor, and share the information with patients, caregivers, and the caregiver community.
- Deikel Family Newborn ICU (NICU): Invest in our tiniest patients. The newly named Deikel Family Newborn ICU delivers exceptional care to around 600 premature babies and families every year. Our NICU exemplifies the combination of “high-tech” and “high-touch” medicine that is our goal for all of the care CPMC provides.
- Newborn Connections™ offers support and education through pregnancy and early parenthood, providing prenatal classes, support groups, breastfeeding and baby supplies and lactation services.
Women's Cancer Research, Treatment and Support
- Breast Health Center: CPMC's Breast Health Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and performs nearly 50,000 screens and procedures a year.
- Dr. William Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund: Dr. Goodson studies interactions between environmental chemicals and the development of cancer; techniques to improve breast exams and timely diagnosis.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program: Every year this program - launched by the Notkin family with ongoing funding provided by generous and compassionate donors - assists hundreds of women and their families through the process of diagnosis, treatment options and survivorship, including counseling and support groups.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Watch a video of Dr. John Chan describing CPMC's comprehensive care for gynecologic cancer. Dr. Chan's research efforts - funded in part by philanthropy - give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- Ovarian and Reproductive Cancer Recovery Program at the WHRC: Women undergoing treatment for uterine, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar, and peritoneal cancer can receive education and support services tailored to each patient’s unique needs. To ensure that every woman who needs it has access to this supportive care, the program is free and funded by philanthropy.
- Women’s Health Resource Center (WHRC): The center offers classes, support groups, massage therapy, a cancer boutique, consults with a nurse practitioner through the Ovarian and Reproductive Cancer Recovery Program and a Mini-Medical School on Women’s Health. Many of these services are made possible by our compassionate philanthropic partners.
Philanthropic PartnersPhilanthropic investments empower the physicians and care teams of CPMC Women's Health programs to accomplish extraordinary things they otherwise would not be able to do.
- CPMC's Division of Gynecology has earned a Top 50 national ranking from U.S. News and World Report.
- More benign and malignant gynecologic surgeries are performed at CPMC than any other hospital in San Francisco.
- By adding 3D mammography to the screening process, the overall detection rate for breast cancers increases 27 percent. All 3D mammography units at CPMC’s nationally accredited Breast Health Center were funded by philanthropy.
You can be a catalyst in transforming women's care in San Francisco. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Women's Health program that most inspires you. To learn more about giving opportunities in women's health, please contact:
Director of Development & Foundation Relations
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115