Invest in Women's Health
Shelby Notkin and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
Transforming Women's Care in San Francisco
You can be a catalyst in transforming women's care in San Francisco. Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, women cared for at CPMC get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Women's Health program that most inspires you.
Ovarian and Reproductive Cancer Recovery Program at the WHRC: Women undergoing treatment for uterine, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar, and peritoneal cancer can receive education and support services tailored to each patient’s unique needs. To ensure that every woman who needs it has access to this supportive care, the program is free and funded by philanthropy.
Women’s Health Resource Center (WHRC): The center offers classes, support groups, massage therapy, a cancer boutique, consults with a nurse practitioner through the Ovarian and Reproductive Cancer Recovery Program and a Mini-Medical School on Women’s Health. Many of these services are made possible by our compassionate philanthropic partners.
Gynecologic Oncology: Watch a video of John Chan, M.D. describing CPMC's comprehensive care for gynecologic cancer. Dr. Chan's research efforts - funded in part by philanthropy - give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program: Every year this program - generously funded by the Notkin family - assists hundreds of women and their families through the process of diagnosis, treatment options and survivorship, including counseling and support groups.
- Dr. Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund: Dr. Goodson studies interactions between environmental chemicals and the development of cancer; techniques to improve breast exams and timely diagnosis.
- Breast Health Center: CPMC's Breast Health Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Maternity and Newborn
- Deikel Family Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU): Invest in our tiniest patients. The newly named Deikel Family Newborn ICU delivers exceptional care to around 600 premature babies and families every year. Our NICU exemplifies the combination of “high-tech” and “high-touch” medicine that is our goal for all of the care CPMC provides.
- Newborn Connections™ offers support and education through pregnancy and early parenthood, providing prenatal classes, support groups, breastfeeding and baby supplies and lactation services.