CPMC Foundation: Investing in Research & Technology
(L-R) Michael Rowbotham, M.D., scientific director at CPMC Research Institute
with senior scientist Greg Tranah, Ph.D.
Your Gifts Advance Medical Care
Truly significant advances in medical care are rare. They require transformative vision, exceptional expertise and a major commitment of resources and energy. In today's environment of dwindling national grant funding, philanthropy becomes all the more vital to facilitating this kind of innovation. With your partnership, significant advances are happening at Sutter Health’s CPMC in exciting new ways:
- Research at CPMC was instrumental to the development of a new FDA-approved cancer drug, nivolumab, which shows great promise for saving the lives of patients with late-stage melanoma and other cancers.
- Alireza Atri, M.D. Ph.D. recently was recruited from Harvard to become the first Ray Dolby Research Chair in Brain Health at CPMC’s Brain Health Center.
- A team of CPMC physicians is participating with other leading cancer specialists in an unprecedented collaboration to boost the effectiveness of cancer treatment by targeting therapies to specific genetic markers.
Investing in Research & Technology
- Cancer Avatar Project: Scientists at CPMC's Research Institute are developing a new approach to move beyond the current paradigm for treating cancer.
- Robotic Surgery: Caring for the whole person also involves keeping pace with innovation in equipment to help patients attain the best possible outcomes with greater efficiency, and at lower cost for both hospital and patient. For example, smaller incisions in robotic surgery often reduce hospital stays and patients can return to normal activities sooner.
- CPMC's Research Institute brings clinicians and scientists together to discover improved treatments and diagnostic technologies that translate to improved outcomes at the bedside - in cancer, aging, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, epilepsy, infectious diseases, and more.
For more information on the many ways to give to CPMC Foundation, please contact: