Invest in Children's Health
"We are family-focused and deliver extremely personalized care," says Dr. Larry Frankel, Chair of Pediatrics at CPMC. "Parents of kids with diabetes, food allergies, asthma and other long-term health challenges feel comfortable knowing they can come to us to get the ongoing help they need."
Giving Opportunities in Children's Health
- Novack Family Child Life Services, made possible through philanthropy, reduce the anxiety children and their families encounter as a result of illness and hospitalization.
- Newborn Connections™ offers support and education through pregnancy and early parenthood, providing prenatal classes, support groups, breastfeeding and baby supplies and lactation services.
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU): Invest in our tiniest patients. Our NICU exemplifies the “high-tech” and “high-touch” medicine that is our goal for all of the care CPMC provides. Watch a touching video as Terri Slagle, M.D., clinical director of CPMC's Newborn Intensive Care Unit, tells the story of a premature baby and his parents' experience in the NICU.
- Pediatric Emergency Department: Designed for children and families, the six private rooms in the Pediatric Emergency Department offer a welcoming child-focused environment.
- Stuart Brotman Memorial Fund for the Kalmanovitz Child Development Center: your gift to the fund helps children with learning disabilities and developmental or behavioral challenges. Philanthropy ensure families have access to the Center’s services regardless of insurance or ability to pay.
Philanthropic Partners in Children's Health
- Gabriela Aitkenhead's twin boys received exceptional care in CPMC's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Ted and Pamala Deikel's gift brought innovative technology to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
- The Low family's estate gift launched a NICU Parent Mentor Program to help moms and dads cope with the stress of having a child in the NICU.
- Deborah and Kenneth Novack's generosity funded the innovative Novack Child Life Services.