Invest in Newborn and Children's Health
"Families can come to us to get the advanced care their children need."
— Larry Frankel, M.D. Chair of Pediatrics at CPMC
Giving Opportunities in Children's Health
A Whole Child Approach
CPMC has a full range of crucial pediatric support services that allow us to truly deliver "whole child" care. Plus, an innovative collaboration between CPMC and Stanford Children's Health offers remarkable care in more than 20 pediatric specialties.
- Deikel Family Newborn ICU (NICU): Invest in our tiniest patients. Much of the latest technology in our NICU that helps tiny babies grow stronger every day is acquired with philanthropic funding. Watch a touching video as Terri Slagle, M.D., NICU clinical director, tells the story of a premature baby and his parents' experience in the NICU.
- Newborn Connections™ offers support and education through pregnancy and early parenthood, providing prenatal classes, support groups, breastfeeding and baby supplies and lactation services.
- Novack Family Child Life Services: An extraordinary program made possible through philanthropy, Child Life Specialists reduce the anxiety children and their families face as a result of illness and hospitalization.
WATCH THE VIDEO of CPMC's Novack Family Child Life Services, now serving 30,000 patient encounters a year, thanks to Ken and Debby Novack's visionary philanthropic investment.
- Pediatric Emergency Department: Designed for children and families, the six private rooms in the Pediatric Emergency Department offer a welcoming child-focused environment which treats 14,000 emergency cases a year.
- Stuart Brotman Memorial Fund for the Kalmanovitz Child Development Center: Philanthropy makes it possible for the Center to provide remarkable care to local children with developmental delays and disabilities in nearly 18,000 patient visits a year.
Transforming Children's Care in San Francisco
Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, children cared for at CPMC get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital.
- Ted and Pamala Deikel's philanthropic investment brought innovative technology to CPMC's Deikel Family Newborn ICU, designated a Level III NICU.
- The Low family's estate gift launched a NICU Parent Mentor Program to help moms and dads cope with the stress of having a child in the NICU.
- Gabriela Aitkenhead's twin baby boys received exceptional care in CPMC's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit which treats 1,000 children a year, plus 14,000 Pediatric Emergency visits every year.
- Deborah and Kenneth Novack were inspired to invest in the newly named Novack Family Child Life Services at CPMC, now serving 30,000 patient encounters a year.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
- CPMC handles approximately 40,000 pediatric patient visits a year.
- The outpatient clinics at CPMC's Pediatric Specialty Services provide exceptional care for kids in over 20 disciplines during more than 14,000 patient visits a year.
Invest in Vital Pediatric Services at CPMC
You can be a catalyst in transforming children's care in San Francisco. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Children's Health program that most inspires you.
Director of Development & Foundation Relations
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115