CPMC's New Hospitals: Van Ness Campus
Van Ness Campus
11 Floors, 274 Beds
Sutter Health CPMC is in the midst of constructing two new hospitals set to open in San Francisco by 2019, catalyzed by state mandate requiring hospitals to meet stricter earthquake safety standards. At Van Ness and Geary, the site is sloped, posing unique challenges. The solution? Utilize 120 seismic “viscous wall dampers” — the first hospital in the U.S. to incorporate this technology.
As of Spring 2017, the new Van Ness Campus is 65% complete and due to open ahead of schedule in early 2019. The Van Ness and Geary facility, with 11 floors and 274 acute-care beds, will house the in-patient services which are now available at CPMC’s California and Pacific campuses.
Learn more about CPMC's two new hospitals now under construction in San Francisco:
- CPMC's New Hospitals highlights and updates
- Van Ness Campus at Van Ness and Geary
- Mission Bernal Campus at Cesar Chavez and Valencia
- Visit cpmc2020.org for complete building information and live construction cameras at each site.
- View virtual reality tour
Contact UsTo find out how you can invest in the future of CPMC, please contact: