CPMC's New Hospitals: Mission Bernal Campus
Mission Bernal Campus
7 floors, 120 beds
Sutter Health CPMC is in the midst of constructing two new hospitals set to open in San Francisco by 2019, catalyzed by state mandate requiring hospitals to meet stricter earthquake safety standards. The Mission Bernal Campus site at Valencia and Cesar Chavez streets —the former St. Luke’s Campus— is flat and will utilize a standard earthquake system called “buckling brace frames.”
As of Fall 2017, the Mission Bernal Campus is 85 % complete and due to open ahead of schedule in August 2018. The 7-story, acute care facility will provide 120 beds and feature an expanded emergency department, expanded obstetrics and other clinical services.
Learn more about CPMC's two new hospitals now under construction in San Francisco:
- CPMC's New Hospitals highlights and updates
- Van Ness Campus at Van Ness and Geary
- Mission Bernal Campus at Cesar Chavez and Valencia
- Visit cpmc2020.org for complete building information and live construction cameras at each site.
- View virtual reality tour
Contact UsTo find out how you can invest in the future of CPMC, please contact: