Invest in New Hospitals
Opens new window
100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC program that most inspires you.
- Mission Bernal Campus - 97% complete will open on August 25, 2018
- Van Ness Campus - 85% complete will open early 2019
CPMC's two new, state-of-the-art hospitals have been designed with the needs of patients and families in mind.
Our new Mission Bernal campus at Valencia and Cesar Chavez opens on August 25, 2018. Each patient room is private, and will feature an integrated nurse call system along with a multi-purpose media system capable of providing patient education, communication and entertainment features. The Van Ness campus at Geary will open in early 2019 and will also feature roof gardens and a pediatric emergency department.
In addition to amenities that will create a healing environment, the hospitals also feature elements that help nurses and doctors provide the best care possible. Opening soon, our new campuses will provide a safe, sustainable and comfortable experience for patients and families.
CPMC's new hospitals will be smarter, safer, and greener with fully integrated technology systems.
- 100% of our patient rooms will be private with exterior views and natural light.
- Fresh, outdoor air will be used in the hospitals, instead of recirculated air.
- Hospitals will feature original art commissioned from local artists.
- Our hospitals will be self-sustaining for 72 hours — generators, supplies, fuel, water, food.
- 60% Apprentices were selected from San Francisco.
- 35% Workers were hired from San Francisco.
- LEED-Certified Green.
The latest on CPMC's two new hospitals now under construction in San Francisco:
- cpmc2020.org for complete building information and live construction cameras at both sites.
- cpmc2020.org/vr To enjoy a virtual sneak preview of our new hospitals.
Two stories of the many community members investing in CPMC's new hospitals in valuable ways:
Your City, Your Hospital journal
Enjoy CPMC Foundation's journal publication featuring philanthropy for and updates on CPMC's two new hospitals. [To view PDF documents, Download Adobe Reader. Opens new window
CPMC Foundation invites your visionary philanthropic partnership to change the future of health care in our community.