Invest in New Hospitals
CPMC Launches a New Era for Health Care in San Francisco
Before the year 2020, CPMC will open two innovative new hospitals in San Francisco: the new Van Ness Campus in the city center at Van Ness and Geary, and the Mission Bernal Campus in the booming Mission District at Valencia and Cesar Chavez. Construction on both projects is over 50 percent complete as of Spring 2017 and scheduled to open ahead of schedule by early 2019. When finished, these two extraordinary hospitals will be among the smartest, safest and greenest anywhere.
|Phase||Mission Bernal Campus||Van Ness Campus|
|Exteriors||2017 January||2017 August|
|Interiors||2017 September||2018 August|
|Sitework||2017 December||2018 August|
|Training||2018 June||2019 Q1|
|Occupancy||2018 June (Mission Bernal Campus)||2019 Q1 (Van Ness Campus)|
The latest on CPMC's two new hospitals now under construction in San Francisco:
- Van Ness Campus at Van Ness and Geary
- Mission Bernal Campus at Cesar Chavez and Valencia
- cpmc2020.org for complete building information and live construction cameras at both sites.
Here are just a few stories of our community investing in CPMC's new hospitals in valuable ways:
- Jim Benney: A Worker's View
- The Walkers: A Family's Gift to Families
- Chanel Sponsored Gala: Raised Over $2.5M For CPMC
Our new hospitals will be smarter, safer, and greener with fully integrated technology systems.
- Private patient rooms will have exterior views with natural light.
- 100% fresh, outdoor air will be used in the hospitals instead of recirculated air.
- Our hospitals will be self-sustaining for 72 hours — generators, supplies, fuel, water, food.
- 60% Apprentices were selected from San Francisco.
- 35% Workers were hired from San Francisco.
- LEED-Certified Green.
- Learn more about how CPMC's smart hospital design protects the environment.
Your City, Your Hospital - Spring/Summer 2017 edition [PDF]: a publication of CPMC Foundation featuring philanthropy for and updates on CPMC's two new hospitals. [To view PDF documents, Download Adobe Reader.Opens new window ]
Virtual reality tour: Enjoy a sneak preview of our new hospitals!
CPMC Foundation invites your visionary philanthropic partnership to change the future of health care in our community.
Vice President & COO