Giving to Neurosciences
Brian Andrews, M.D., FACS, FAANS (left) and Lewis Leng, M.D. in the operating room with a mobile CT scanner to precisely guide their neurosurgical procedures.
Transforming Neurology Care in San FranciscoThanks to visionary philanthropic partners, patients from all across the Bay Area receive outstanding neurological care at CPMC's Neurosciences Institute. Featuring a number of highly regarded destination programs, CPMC treats more neurology patients than any other hospital in San Francisco.
Giving Opportunities in Neurosciences
- Give to Cure ALS: Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center: At the forefront of national neuromuscular disease research for over 25 years, the Center combines patient care, research and resources for its patients and their families. Nearly one-third of the Center's services are funded by philanthropic partners, enabling patients access to clinical trials and services that insurance may not cover.
- Give to Transform Care for Dementia Patients and Families: The Ray Dolby Brain Health Center : The Center is changing the paradigm of how more than 2,000 dementia patients and their families are cared for every year.
- Watch a video of Catherine Madison, M.D., medical director of the Ray Dolby Brain Health Center, describing services for dementia patients and their families. The Center was generously funded by the Dolby family.
Philanthropic Partners in Neurosciences
- The Dolby family's amazingly generous $21 million endowment funded The Ray Dolby Brain Health Center, and the Ray Dolby Endowed Chair in Brain Health Research.
- Craig and Maureen Sullivan, with Dee Norris doubled their impact with a gift to CPMC's Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center.
- The Women's Board's 2015 Debutante Ball raised $150,000 for CPMC including the Parkinson’s Resource Center at CPMC's Neuroscience Institute led by Arshia Sadreddin, M.D.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming care for neuroscience patients in San Francisco. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Neuroscience program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to neuroscience research and treatment at CPMC, please contact:
— Brian Andrews, M.D., FACS, FAANS, Chair, CPMC Neurosciences