Invest in Cancer Research and Treatment
“It really is personalized medicine — it's fantastic."
— John Chan, M.D., CPMC Gynecologic Oncology
Transforming Cancer Care in San Francisco
CPMC cancer patients get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. Learn more about cancer programs where your gift can have a direct impact:
- CPMC's Comprehensive Cancer Program:Opens new window A local leader in the transformation of cancer care, the program offers patients a "whole person" approach focused on all aspects of healing including diagnosis, patient navigation, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
- Cancer Avatar Project: Scientists at CPMC's Research Institute are developing a new approach to move beyond the current paradigm for treating cancer to precision therapies based on your own genetic profile.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program: Shelby and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer patient recovery programs.
- Cancer Patient Navigator Program offers patients and their healthcare team access to dedicated nurse navigators to help each step of the way from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
- Dr. Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund: Dr. Goodson studies interactions between environmental chemicals and the development of cancer; techniques to improve breast exams and timely diagnosis.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Dr. John Chan's research efforts - funded in part by philanthropy - give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
“Philanthropy is a game-changer for innovating new models of care at CPMC." — Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D., Medical Director of CPMC's Comprehensive Cancer Program
- Center for Melanoma Research and Treatment: Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D. holds CPMC's Chair in Melanoma Research and Treatment, thanks to a partnership of inspired donors.
- Angelina Ciucci Memorial Fund for Melanoma Research — The Ciucci Family and the Daly City Fire Department teamed up to fundraise for melanoma research, paying tribute to Angelina Ciucci who died at a young age from the disease.
- Bryan Hemming Cancer Care Infusion Suite and Patient Support Services: Please consider making a gift to cancer patient services in memory of generous CPMC philanthropist, Bryan Hemming.
Thanks to our philanthropic partners, CPMC's nationally accredited Comprehensive Cancer Program is able to provide people all across the Bay Area and beyond with exceptional, personalized cancer care from diagnosis to survivorship.
- More than 2,500 patients are treated for cancer every year at CPMC
- CPMC patients with stage 4 melanoma have a 5-year survival rate that is nearly double that of the national average.
- Gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC have access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
Philanthropy powers our innovationYou can be a catalyst in transforming cancer care. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Cancer program that most inspires you. To learn more about the many ways to give to cancer research and treatment at CPMC, please contact: