Invest in Cancer Research and Treatment
Watch a video of John Chan, M.D. describing CPMC's comprehensive care for gynecologic cancer including research, treatment and supportive services.
Transforming Cancer Care in San Francisco
Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, CPMC cancer patients get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. Learn more about cancer programs where your gift can have a direct impact:
- CPMC's Comprehensive Cancer Program:Opens new window A local leader in the transformation of cancer care, the program offers patients a "whole person" approach focused on all aspects of healing including diagnosis, patient navigation, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
- Cancer Avatar Project: Scientists at CPMC's Research Institute are developing a new approach to move beyond the current paradigm for treating cancer to precision therapies based on your own genetic profile.
- Cancer Patient Navigator Program offers patients and their healthcare team access to dedicated nurse navigators to help each step of the way from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
- Dr. Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund: Dr. Goodson studies interactions between environmental chemicals and the development of cancer; techniques to improve breast exams and timely diagnosis.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Dr. John Chan's research efforts - funded in part by philanthropy - give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program: Shelby and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
- Bryan Hemming Cancer Care Infusion Suite and Patient Support Services: Please consider making a gift to cancer patient services in memory of CPMC philanthropist, Bryan Hemming.
- Angelina Ciucci Memorial Fund for Melanoma Research — The Ciucci Family and the Daly City Fire Department fundraise for melanoma research, paying tribute to Angelina Ciucci who died at a young age from the disease.
- Center for Melanoma Research and Treatment: Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D. holds CPMC's Chair in Melanoma Research and Treatment, thanks to a partnership of inspired donors.
Philanthropy powers our innovationYou can be a catalyst in transforming cancer care. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Cancer program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to cancer research and treatment at CPMC, please contact:
“Philanthropy is a game-changer for innovating new models of care at CPMC."
— Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D., Medical Director of CPMC's Comprehensive Cancer Program