California Pacific's Awards and Honors
Don't just take our word for it... third party sources agree that California Pacific goes beyond medicine.
- U.S. News & World ReportOpens new window recognized CPMC as among the best hospitals in California for 2015-16 with “high performer” recognitions in three specialties and as a top 50 hospital in the nation achievement for gynecology. Only 137 of the nearly 5,000 U.S. hospitals evaluated received a national ranking in at least one specialty.
- California Pacific has been named one of the Top hospitals in the U.S.Opens new window by the non-profit Leapfrog Group in 2014, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006.
- Since 2008, California Pacific's Comprehensive Stroke Program has been an American Heart Association / American Stroke Association Opens new window Get With The Guidelines - Gold Award facility. In 2012, 2013 and 2014 we are proud to have received the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- CPMC Named Leader In LGBT Healthcare Equality (2014, 2013) an annual survey conducted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) organization. CPMC earned top marks for its commitment to equitable, inclusive care for LGBT patients and their families, who can face significant challenges in securing adequate healthcare.
- CPMC received the 2014 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Platinum Performance Award for Heart Attack Care. Best practices include opening clogged heart vessels in the Cardiac Cath Lab within 90 minutes of ED arrival; administering appropriate medications that prevent future blood clots; lowering blood pressure; and protecting the heart from beating irregularly. CPMC has achieved greater than 90% compliance with national standards for four consecutive years.
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients Recognition for Liver & Kidney Transplant (2014)
CPMC was recognized by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients as the only U.S. hospital to have one-year survival rates for adult transplantations that are statistically higher than expected for both liver (97%) and kidney (98%) transplants. Three-year survival rates were also statistically higher than expected for both programs.
- Marin Magazine Top Doctors (2012, 2013, 2014)
Many physicians at CPMC, Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, and Novato Community Hospital – all part of the Sutter Health network – were named to the prestigious list of  Top Doctors 2012 and again in 2013 and 2014 by Marin Magazine.
- San Francisco Charity Care Leader (2012)
In San Francisco, CPMC provided more charity care than any other hospital except for SF General, the City’s safety-net hospital. In 2012, care was provided to approximately 8,500 charity care patients and 21,000 Medi-Cal patients.
- CPMC was named one of the Top 10 Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers by the San Francisco Business Times. (2012)
- CPMC Earns ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission (2012)
- In an unprecedented commitment, CPMC offered a Community Benefit Plan worth $1.1 billion to provide health care services to the poor and uninsured, in addition to building two new, earthquake-safe hospitals and creating a Citywide network of care in San Francisco. (2011)
- More than 200 physicians at CPMC have been named on the prestigious list of Best Doctors in America®. (2011)
- CPMC received Joint Commission "Primary Stroke Center"Opens new window certification, the only non-university affiliated medical center in San Francisco to achieve this distinction. (2010)
- CPMC received accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center Opens new window (SCPC) as a Chest Pain Center – one of four California hospitals, and the only one in Bay Area. (8/2/2009 - 8/1/2012)
- Winner of the American Hospital Association’s NOVA AwardOpens new window for its innovative partnership with San Francisco community clinics to serve those in need. (2008)
- The Breast Health Center has been designated an American College of RadiologyOpens new window (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, becoming the first San Francisco facility to receive this honor. (2008)
- The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Opens new window (CARF) has awarded CPMC’s Regional Rehabilitation center with full three-year accreditation in all six of our rehab programs. (2008)