Facts and Figures
- A magnet for rehabilitation patients from across the region, outcomes at the California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center are among the top three percent in the nation.
- CPMC's Center for Melanoma Research and Treatment has recently yielded a new molecular diagnostic test that is 92 percent accurate in diagnosing melanoma—far higher than the average 60-70 percent accuracy rate for pathologists looking at tissue samples from tumors.
- The Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center at CPMC is one of the largest ALS clinical research centers in the world.
- Nearly 24,000 Medi-Cal patients and more than 7,000 charity care recipients were seen at CPMC campuses.
- Approximately 12,000 unique patients were seen at St. Luke's Health Care Center, one of the largest private community clinics South of Market.
- Last year, more than 200 clinical trials were conducted through CPMC's Research Institute, including studies on aging, cancers, epilepsy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, organ transplantation and more.
- An area leader for high-risk births, CPMC offers a certified Regional Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU with the ability to deliver the highest level of care to our tiniest patients.
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, CPMC's Comprehensive Stroke Care Center strictly adheres to national standards and guidelines which can significantly improve long-term outcomes for stroke patients.
- In 2011, CPMC’s Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program performed the first ever single-hospital, five-way kidney swap transplant in California. A complex and rare procedure, it involved five people donating kidneys to five strangers so their loved ones could receive a kidney in return.
- CPMC's Joint Replacement Center is one of the leading joint replacement centers in the Bay Area, performing roughly 1,200 hip, knee, shoulder and elbow procedures per year.
- Of the 714 Breast Health Centers in California, CPMC's Breast Health Center is one of just four medical centers whose facilities are accredited in breast MRI by the American College of Radiology (ACR).