Awards and Recognition
We strive to give patients the best possible experience from the moment they arrive at one of our hospitals or clinics — but it is always nice when our efforts are recognized by others.
- AARP the Magazine has recognized CPMC as one of the safest hospitals in America. CPMC was one of just 65 hospitals nationwide to receive the magazine’s “safety superstar” designation for taking innovative steps to reduce medical errors.
- CPMC received a 2012 Sutter Health President’s Award, the highest recognition awarded by the Sutter Health network. We were specifically recognized for the improvements made in five key quality measures – heart attack care, heart failure readmissions, pneumonia care, acute care mortality rates, and avoiding the delivery of babies prematurely.
- Almost 250 physicians at CPMC, Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, and Novato Community Hospital – all part of the Sutter Health network – were named to the prestigious list of  Top Doctors 2012 by Marin Magazine.
- The American College of Cardiology Foundation awarded CPMC its Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2012, one of only six hospitals in California to receive this honor.
- The American Stroke Association awarded CPMC their 2012 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- The CPMC Liver Transplant Program received a Silver Transplant Program Award from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It was only one of five programs nationwide honored with a Silver Award, while just one other facility received a Gold Award.
- According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, in 2012 CPMC achieved top decile performance in pneumonia care as well as care for acute myocardial infarction patients; CPMC also rated in the top 10% nationwide for decreasing the rate of readmissions for patients with congestive heart failure.
- In 2012, CPMC averaged 99% adherence to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services standards for reducing surgery-related wound infections and complications.
- The California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center ranked in the top 2.5% in the U.S. for clinical outcomes after traumatic brain injury and stroke.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognized CPMC as a Leader in Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2012 report.
- CPMC was named one of the Top 10 Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers by the San Francisco Business Times.
- In San Francisco, CPMC provided more charity care than any other hospital except for SF General, the City’s safety-net hospital. In 2012, care was provided to approximately 8,500 charity care patients and 21,000 Medi-Cal patients.