Pediatric Pulmonary and Cystic Fibrosis
Pediatric pulmonary physician specialists treat children with a broad range of breathing and respiratory health problems. To find the right pediatric pulmonary physician for your child, contact our Physician Referral team at 888-637-2762.
California Pacific Medical Center's Pediatric Pulmonary and Cystic Fibrosis Center offers a comprehensive team approach for patients with various types of lung diseases. Among the conditions for which we provide evaluation and management include:
- Chronic severe and/or progressive respiratory disease
- Congenital abnormalities requiring tracheostomies and ventilatory support
- Cystic fibrosis
- Disordered control of breathing
- Premature infants with bronchoplumonary dysphagia
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension and chronic respiratory failure
- Vocal cord dysfunction
The Center is California Children's Services (CCS) approved. Our pulmonary function laboratory offers state-of-the-art diagnostic testing for all types of pulmonary disorders. Testing includes but is not limited to:
- Altitude challenge testing
- Biofeedback training for breathing control and airway clearance technique
- Control of ventilation testing
- Exercise testing
- Infant and pediatric pulmonary function testing
The Pediatric Pulmonology Team maintains close communication with the patient's local physicians and support groups are available to help families cope with the stresses of having an ill child. Multiple subspecialists within the Medical Center work together to provide comprehensive care for these patients and their families, and the special needs they may require.
Outreach clinics are available in local communities throughout Northern California to offer evaluation and treatment near your home. All treatment is closely coordinated with the local physician.
Pediatrics at California Pacific Medical Center
California Pacific Medical Center, a San Francisco hospital that is part of the Sutter Health network, offers pediatric care to babies, young children, and adolescents to age 18 through our network of primary and specialty care pediatricians. Our doctors provide care at clinics throughout the Bay Area and at our hospital inpatient units.