Treating Aneurysms at CPMC
Leaders in Cerebrovascular Accident Treatment
Emergency room physicians are often the first responders for treating stroke. When a cerebral aneurysm or iscemic stroke occurs these physicians want their patients to receive the most advanced care at top spead. At California Pacific Medical Center we believe every patient experiencing a cerebrovascular accident deserves the very best treatment options. For that reason we strive to remain on the leading edge of medicine by offering the latest technology available for treating aneurysm and stroke. Additionally, we are a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and have earned the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines Gold Award (2008 & 2009) helping ensure that patients receive quality care.
Neurovascular and Neurointerventional Surgery
The California Pacific Neuroscience Institute offers the latest in neurointerventional radiology technology. Located at our Davies Campus, the Neurovascular and Neurointerventional Surgery Suite, one of only a handful nationwide, is a state-of-the-art healing environment. This suite is a combined neurointerventional and microvascular operating environment. Multiple treatment modalities for cerebrovascular disease can be combined or used sequentially without displacing the patient. The suite converts instantly from a neurointerventional radiology suite into a micro-surgical suite for vascular brain surgery. Patient safety, always a top priority, is greatly enhanced and transition time is minimal.
The most modern digital imaging capabilities, including a 128-slice CT scanner, make the transition between diagnosis and treatment seamless. The suite is adjacent to the emergency department and CT scanner to further expedite treatment.
- Full spectrum of interventional neuroradiology and neurosurgery capabilities
- Ultramodern digital imaging and 3D image guidance shows every detail of complex cerebrovascular interventions in real time
- Multi-modality state-of-the-art operating environment: microscopy, advanced neuroanesthesic monitoring, intraoperative neurophysiologic brainwave monitoring
- Video monitoring and procedure documentation for procedure accountability and medical record
Team of Experts
We have assembled a comprehensive team of health professionals who care for patients each step toward recovery. This continuum-of-care approach ensures quality care to each patient we serve. Additionally, we consult and follow up with our patient’s primary care physician to review the course of treatment and rehabilitative therapy returning each patient to the care of that physician.
System of Quality Patient Care
Experiencing a stroke or aneurysm can be devastating for patients and their families. For patients who require acute rehabilitation following a cerebrovascular accident California Pacific is home to Northern California’s premier acute rehabilitation, the California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center. CARF and Joint Commission accredited, the Center features the latest in rehabilitation treatment options and supportive equipment.
- Dedicated Cerebrovascular Accident Floor
- Physician-to-physician Video Conferencing
- Outdoor Rehabilitation Terrain Park
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
CPMC Stroke/Aneurysm Program
California Pacific Medical Center
California Pacific Neuroscience Institute (CPNI).
CPNI in San Francisco features some of the top-rated neurology physicians and neurosurgeons in the San Francisco Bay Area, Marin county and Northern California. Providing personalized patient care using the most successful spine, brain, stroke and epilepsy surgical options available in San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo and the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
Live Life to the Fullest!
- Please send me an information packet on Stroke Services and the Stroke Think FAST refrigerator magnet .
- Contact us, to make an appointment.
- Read the 2010 CPNI Bulletin - Stroke Edition