Neuro-Oncology Program for Brain Tumor Treatment
California Pacific Medical Center is one of only a few community hospitals in the nation with an integrated neuro-oncology program specializing in leading-edge research for brain tumor. Using a multidisciplinary team approach to treat brain tumors , California Pacific offers excellent patient care that is easily accessible for both physicians and patients, with superior patient outcomes.
Neuro-oncology is a program under the California Pacific Neuroscience Institute (CPNI). CPNI provides a full continuum of world-class care for patients with neurological disorders. CPNI is committed to providing excellent, personalized care to each life we touch.
The neuro-oncology program was the started at California Pacific by Brian Andrews, M.D. and is currently led by Charles Cobbs, M.D. Dr. Cobbs is board-certified in neurosurgery and is a Clinical Researcher, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute. Dr. Cobbs completed his medical training at the University of Alabama School of Medicine and the University of California at San Francisco. He has a special interest in brain tumors and cancer biology with possible role of viral agents in cancer. And based on his findings, here at California Pacific, Duke University and the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, brain tumors are currently being treated using antiviral therapies.
Treating all types of brain tumors including, glioma brain tumors, using brain tumor surgical techniques, as well as stereotactic radiosurgery we provide comprehensive brain tumor treatment and brain cancer treatment options.
Brain tumor services include:
- Brain tumor board attended by brain cancer medical experts
- Brain tumor clinical research
- Brain tumor surgery
- Brain cancer surgery
- Brain tumor specialized rehabilitaition program
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumor
When you receive brain tumor treatment at CPMC in San Francisco you can expect to receive the best care from expert neuro-oncology physician specialists, brain tumor clinical researchers, and caring clinical staff provide. If you need help selecting a doctor, call 888-637-2762.
- Our team of Neuro-oncology brain tumor experts.
- Read the 2011 CPNI Bulletin - Neuro-Oncology Edition(Download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat ReaderOpens new window)
- Read the SF Chronicle article about Dr. Cobbs "Surgeon changes study of brain tumors."Opens new window
- See ABC7 news storyOpens new window on Liliana Soroceanu, M.D., Ph.D. and Dr. Cobbs' brain tumor research.