Education and Support
at CPMC's Ray Dolby Brain Health Center
If you are suffering from memory loss, educating yourself and finding support in a safe caring environment is important. If you are caring for a family member with memory loss, this can be demanding and take a toll on caregivers. The Ray Dolby Brain Health Center wants every life we touch, patients and caregivers, to feel supported and in control; therefore, we offer support groups for both patients and caregivers. Additionally the Ray Dolby Brain Health Center offers monthly workshops geared toward helping you maintain your health and your independence.
Dementia Symptoms & Caregiver Strategies
- Caregivers’ Support Group
- Early Stage Alzheimer’s/ Dementia Support Group
- Alzheimer's Association Support Groups
Brain Health Classes
We offer many classes. Current topics are Legal and Financial Planning; Savvy Caregiving Training; Research Updates: Latest in Alzheimer's Treatment and Research; The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia, & Alzheimer's Disease.
- Bay Area Alzheimer's Association Web Page
- Armchair Quarterbacks
- The Art of Being Resourceful
- Taking Care of the Caregiver
- Tips for Caregivers
- Tips for Communicating with a Person with Dementia